Children's libraries information for professionals
Barnet Libraries provides a range of services to support professionals working with children and young people.
Barnet Libraries team offer the following traded services to schools and early years settings and other organisations:
- Storytelling and Rhyme Sessions - These can be themed and tailored to your needs, a one off, a special event or a series of sessions. Sessions are held at the school/setting
- Library visits. Bring your group along for a pre-arranged rhyme or story session with a member of the specialist children's team
- Bookstart Gifting Event (a story and rhyme session designed for delivery to children and parents to coincide with distribution of free Bookstart packs)
- Little Listeners: Big Readers Parent and child reading programme for families in nursery/reception. This programme aims to establish regular reading habits in the home environment
- Bespoke Training – The early years team can provide training for early years workers on:
- Using books in an early years environment
- Bringing Books Alive – Techniques and Books for reading aloud in the early years
- Rhymes and songs with props
- Creating Exciting book areas in your setting.
For more information about any of the above please contact Sarah Ginn (Bookstart Coordinator) on 020 8359 7771.
Resources for early years and childcare settings
Barnet Libraries offer an exciting range of services to support early years professionals in their work:
- Pre-school library tickets: available for any early years setting or group. Up to 30 books can be borrowed for three months at a time
- Childminder library tickets allow childminders to borrow up to 14 children's books for a three week loan period
- Bookstart gifting sessions providing Bookstart packs to children and parents.