Services for childminders

Welcome to the Barnet Registered Childminder website

You should be able to find links to all the information that you need on this page. If you cant find what you are looking for contact us.

lease also remember to check your emails regularly, as this is the main way that we will keep you informed on all the news in Childminding, both local and national issues.

Support and advice

There is plenty of support available to help you develop in your childminding career. Barnet has a knowledgeable and experienced childminding team to support and advise registered childminders.

We aim to support our childminding workforce to provide the very best level of care to the children and families they work with, but we can also help you with any day to day questions you may have. We can help you with any issues or problems you have, and encourage and support you to continually review and develop your service. If you need help or advice on any aspect of your childminding service, no matter how big or how small, we are here to help.

We have two Early Years Quality and Support Officers who can meet you at your local children’s centre or drop-in group, offer help over the phone or email, or meet you in your home.

Looking for the Training Guide?

For information on training courses Barnet offer, please visit the Family Service training offer at POD - Barnet's eLearning Hub.

Barnet Childminding Team also set up training opportunities throughout the year. You will be emailed details as they come up.


MASH is the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub and it brings together professional work to safeguard children in Barnet. If you are concerned about a child and need to make a referral, the phone number remains the same 020 8359 4066. You can read more about the MASH here.

Working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) or a disability

 Are you a working (or about to start work) with a child who has:

  • any special needs
  • a disability
  • a health condition
  • other additional needs

If you are, then it is important that you let your Early Years Quality and Support Officer know about this, so that we can make sure that both you, the child and the family, are getting all the help and support needed.

Or do you have concerns that a child in your care may have one of the above?

Then we can offer expert help and advice to support the child and their family get them other services that they may need or be entitled to.

If you are unsure who your Early Years Quality and Support Officer is then please contact us to get more information and help.

Susie Edwards
07963 464 512

Jenny Boyce
Tel: 07712 418 278