To enable you to compare key areas of income and expenditure on a meaningful basis with other similar schools in Barnet, the Schools Accountancy Section has produced a Local Benchmarking Spreadsheet based on the CFR data returns to the DfE.
Local Benchmarking 2018-2019 v3 updated 19.12.19
- Local Benchmarking 2017-2018
- Local Benchmarking 2016 - 2017
- Local Benchmarking 2015-2016 V2 updated 13-12-2016
- Local Benchmarking 2014 - 2015
- Local Benchmarking 2013 - 2014
- Local Benchmarking 2012 - 2013 V2 updated 21-10-13
- Local Benchmarking 2011 - 2012
- Local Benchmarking 2010 - 2011
- Local Benchmarking 2009 - 2010
- Click on one of the links above
- Select 'Open'
- Click on the button to 'enable macros’
- Choose your school at the top of the sheet
- Click on the grey button to add and compare another school - as a maximum we recommend five additional schools to compare with
- Ratios and figures for key areas of income and expenditure will be displayed for your school in column C
- The average ratio/figure for your sector will be shown in column D, E, F, G or H
- To look at the ratio/figure for all schools in your sector, click on the 'All School Data’ worksheet. Schools are listed alphabetically by sector in column C. Ratios and figures on key areas of income and expenditure are shown in columns D to AX
- Click 'back' to return to the website
- Click 'No' when asked if you want to save.
An analysis of your ratios and figures with those of similar schools will enable you to fulfil the key Best Value principle 'to Compare’ – which is a key element to ensuring your school is using its resources effectively to meet the needs of pupils.
For further information or guidance please contact the Schools Accountancy Section:
Tel: 020 8359 - 7228 / 7223