Barnet SACRE (Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education) is a body constituted by statute to oversee the provision of Religious Education and acts of collective worship in the non-denominational Borough schools.
SACRE works in partnership with the Local Authority, teachers, parents and faith groups, and draws its membership from these groups. It is also seen as a forum through which consultation may take place on faith issues affecting the community.
See the documents below to find out more.
- Welcome to SACRE Booklet - A short publication that explains what SACRE is, the work it does and it’s legal responsibilities
- SACRE Membership - The current membership of the 4 SACRE groups.
- Schools Syllabus - Barnet’s agreed syllabus for religious education & support materials for teachers.
- Collective Worship Document - This document supports schools in meeting their legal responsibility for collective worship.
- Directory of Places of Worship - Contact details of all the places of worship in Barnet.
- Holocaust Pack - This pack is published once a year and circulated to SACRE members and all schools.