Schools in Financial Difficulty
Schools Financial Value Standard
The Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS) has been designed in conjunction with schools to assist them in managing their finances, and to give assurance that they have secure financial management in place.
Scheme for Financing Schools
Barnet’s Scheme for Financing Schools sets out the financial relationship between the authority and the maintained schools which it funds. It contains requirements relating to financial management and associated issues, binding on both the authority and on schools.
- Key points for governors- updated Sept 2017
Banking Forms for Barnet NatWest School Accounts - here are the main forms that schools will require.
Please return the forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - used to add official signatories to the bank account e.g. for cheque signing
- - to enable online banking (and receive a PIN number & reader card)
- - to apply for a credit card (debit cards are no longer available)
Other Banking Forms:
- - lists the signatories approved by the Governing Body
- Z Order Pads are no longer available - the PO functionality on RM can be used instead
Barnet's Financial Guide for Schools aims to supplement the requirement of the scheme and the national standard to provide:
- Barnet specific procedures and forms
- technical details, e.g. taxation
- details not available elsewhere.
Further details of Barnet’s funding formula can be found on the relevant financial year pages.