Children, Family and Young People Early Help Hubs (0 - 19)
All families face challenges and sometimes need support. Early Help is about providing this support as soon as possible to tackle difficulties for children, young people and families before they become more serious. We work with the whole family and the child / young person is at the centre of all we do.
Working with partners, Barnet’s 0-19 Service provides help and support to families, children and young people up to the age of 19 (or 25 with a disability). We aim to:
- Provide the right help first time that meets identified needs
- Improve outcomes for children and young people
- Prevent the escalation of issues that would then require statutory intervention.
Our Early Help Principles
- Intervening early in the life of the child or young person, and/or in the life of the problem
- Whole family and Multi-agency approach
- No Wrong Door / One pathway
- Use of evidence based intervention and monitoring of impact
- The child is at the centre of all we do
- There are no hand off points
- We are all responsible and accountable
- Families tell their story once